Sunday, August 16, 2009

< 2 Days

This is the beginning.
Not of my life, but of the next chapter in the book.

I am creating this blog for all the people I love. There are so many of you and I want to keep you updated on my goings on in France.

Now I am notoriously bad at keeping up blogs or journals of any kind, you can see the ruins of them scattered all over the internet and my house. I will try harder with this one though, since I know someone will be reading it (hopefully). Maybe I'll make a schedule that I can stick to, how about every Monday I post something? That sounds good.

In 5 minutes it will be Monday, August 17. In 5 minutes I will be 37 hours away from my plane leaving the tarmac hopefully with me on it. I just started packing today with the help of my amazing sisters. It's weird trying to pack up your life into 2 suitcases. Spacebags are my best friend right now. For those who don't know what they are, Spacebags are basically overgrown Ziploc bags specially designed so you can squeeze out the air from inside the bag without it coming back in. Basically I'm vacuum packing my entire life. It is very helpful with the space issue, but also it means I will be dragging around about 180 lbs in two suitcases. Better start lifting weights eh?

These last couple days I feel like I don't have enough time. Every day just keeps getting more and more packed with stuff I have to do, people I have to see, places I need to go. I feel pulled a million different ways, but also it distracts me enough that the reality of what I'm about to do doesn't sink in too fast. Sometimes procrastination pays off.

I just need to breathe. I want to just sit on the beach and just listen to waves and get lost in the stars for a little while.


This post is very disjointed on the read back, but I think I'll leave it that way. Well that's all for now, next post I will be in France and in the middle of orientation.
See you next Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment